12/01/2010

Shadows In The Dark- World Aids Day 2010-a repeat posting


This came out of an exercise that I did with a group of young people around H.I.V.
Shadows In The Dark

By Daniel Carlton

I am

A shadow in the dark

In need of a spark

Ask me no secrets

Or I’ll tell you all lies

I’m all about creeping

It’s you who need the alibis

Fluids flow through intertwined bodies above below, and between the sheets

Hidden for the temporary blindness provided by lust and it’s heat

Denial and wishful thinking meet on this dead end street

Blinded by orgasms that bind instant gratification

Passport less I travel through nations

Reality on vacation

Guarantees new patients

Believing that protection is akin to castration

Gives chance after chance for me to stream through a cell creating mutations

I pursued /stalked/ trailed:

a player known as Magic

Arthur Ashe’s blood transfusion turned tragic

A kid who would never grow old named Ryan White

In addition to me there was fear and hate that he had to fight

Not only celebrities pretend that they don’t love who they love

Word from the pulpit “ Punish them freaks with justice from above”

Junkies on lines trying to ease some kind of pain

A short trip for all via mainlines to their veins

Babies seeking food from the gift of the breast

Mothers who never suspected that they needed a test

Not just some dude locked up and down low

A Hint Of Something :

I ‘m potentially everyone that you know

Synonyms: stalker, tail, tracker, pursuer

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: